Not picking up my fields.ini

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Postby zopemgr » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:57 pm

I have installed Dataface on a shared host. The installation went without a hitch, in fact it was the easiest, quickest install I've done since I installed apps on my Atari computers! My hats off in that regard. Because I don't have shell access I was not able to use Makesite but had to use the manual method.

Everything seems to be up and running. And I can add records to the FacultyofWidgetry project. I created a second project directory and it is up and running as well.

I haven't tried FacultyofWidgetry yet, but I created a fields.ini for the other project and put it in the path: Project/Tables/TableName/fields.ini However, it has no effect when I then add a new record. The same old default labels from the db field names are still displayed. What did I do wrong?

Thank you, Michael Wassil
zopemgr

Postby amwassil » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:07 pm

This was my post. I didn't realize until after I posted it that I could register. So I have done that now.
amwassil

Postby shannah » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:13 pm

It looks like a problem with capitalization. The "tables" directory must be all small letters, and the name of the table is also case sensitive, so it must match the name of the table in the database (even the case).

Hope this gets it going. Let me know how it goes.

Glad to hear the install went will. Hope it works out for you.
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby amwassil » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:12 pm

It also helped to put fields.ini in the correct directory. Thanks very much for your very prompt response. So far I'm liking what I see very much!

Michael Wassil

>>It looks like a problem with capitalization. The "tables" directory must be
>>all small letters, and the name of the table is also case sensitive, so it
>>must match the name of the table in the database (even the case).

>>Hope this gets it going. Let me know how it goes.

>>Glad to hear the install went will. Hope it works out for you.
amwassil

Return to Xataface Users