ini_set function disabled

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Postby pacman » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:51 pm

Hi Steve,

I was a bit disappointed that the dataface application which worked fine on my linux laptop could not do it on my server. Thanks to a previous post in this forum (Installation Issues by wolfe) I quickly found that the ini_set function was disabled. Google helped me find a workaround for this issue:
The ini_set call to set the include path can be replaced by set_include_path in config.inc.php:
// instead of ini_set('include_path', $include_path );
set_include_path($include_path);

I also put an @ before the next ini_set('display-errors', 'on'); to suppress the warning and it works.

Do you think I might get trouble with this work-around since I did not check for other ini_set througout the code?

Thanks again for this app. It seems to me a lot better than the DBQuery I was trying to use.
--
jean-marie pacquet
pacman

Postby shannah » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:15 pm

Your solution sounds fine. I don't foresee any problems.

Best regards

Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby Aoirthoir » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:13 pm

Mr. Steve, or anyone else who is knowledgable,

A few questions regarding this error and the workaround (for the faq or error faq)..

1... What files use the the ini_set functions? The Dataface code itself, or our Delegate Classes etc? I don't need a list if it is in the DF code, just to know that it is there rather than something we are setting, or both.

2... From the explanation of pacman, it seems it is being used for things like, setting PHP's include path and whether php displays errors. So from this we would be able to use it?

3... I am assuming we are not using it to set DF's .ini file settings (fields.ini etc...)

Thank you kindly.
Aoirthoir

Return to Xataface Users