Select Filter Results By Log-in?

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Select Filter Results By Log-in?

Postby lhat » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi, All.

My app happily applies a delegate_class function to check the user's log-in and filter the available records for data entry or review based on the userid--so far, so good. For some users, it's very helpful to provide the drop-down result-filters based on some of the fields in the table; but now the app owners want some of these filters to disappear for some users or to disappear when there is 0 or only 1 instance in the filtering field.

More concretely: one district has hundreds of records in 5 subdistricts, for them it's useful to see the Subdistricts result-filter and then select a subdistrict for data entry; for a smaller district with no subdistricts, my app owner folk would rather not have the subdistricts result filter appear at all, since all it shows is the one district (in this case).

I could build a parallel table based on a MySQL view for the app-owners, and eliminating the district result-filters by for the district users, I guess, but it seems like swatting a gnat with a howitzer. Is there a way to extend my 'view records by login' function so that it would hide/show this subdistrict result-filter--or would that require another howitzer?

Thanks for any guidance!
lhat

Return to Xataface Users