Extra pages

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Postby bwilson » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:46 pm

I'm setting up a charity web auction site and would like to add some additional pages like an About Us page, a Terms and Conditions page, a splash page for the Home page etc. My initial thought was to just use static pages and link to them from within web auction. It would be nice to be able to edit those pages as well as the auction items all in one place.

I see that there is a LCMS app developed with Dataface as well. Has anyone experimented with combining these two apps into one app?

I was thinking another possibility would be to add new tables to the web auction database for this new content and create new pages etc.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Bob
bwilson

Postby shannah » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 am

Yes. This is certainly possible. Dataface makes it pretty easy to just add another table to store static pages, then customize the view tab for that table.

You could probably also merge the two applications by adding the tables from LCMS to your webauction database, copying the LCMS table directories to your application's tables directory, merging the contents of the apps' .htaccess files, etc.. Can't remember the exact pitfalls that you will run into with this approach, but in theory this should work.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion