Error after installation.

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Postby paulkruger » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:30 pm

I am getting this error when I am logging in as admin:
---
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /var/www/vhosts/bidasis.com/httpdocs/webauction/tables/users/users.php on line 57

---

If I reload it appears on top of the application. Which INI file? Is this a common problem?

Thanks much.

Paul
paulkruger

Postby paulkruger » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:33 pm

More information:

I added new category "Single Family Residence" and got the same error. Had to reload page ( refresh does not work )
Now when I view list of Catgories the new Category is listed three times?
--
paulkruger

Postby shannah » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks for reporting this. To fix it, open tables/users/users.php and change line 57 from
$perms = $this->role__permissions(&$record);
to
$perms = $this->role__permissions($record);

i.e. remove the ampersand.

The problemm with 3 categories occurs because you refreshed the page twice which created the category. When you fix the first issue, this will cease to be an issue because it wouldn't have stopped on the error.

Aleternatively you could prevent warnings from being displayed (it'll only display errors in this case) by adding the following to the beginning of your index.php file:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_WARNING);

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby paulkruger » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:53 pm

New Issue:

everything seems ok but just tried the link for: "My Watch List" and the page returns this "notice" at the top of the page with the normal content below.

--

Notice: Undefined index: ____actions____ in /var/www/vhosts/bidasis.com/httpdocs/dataface/Dataface/RecordGrid.php on line 128

--
paulkruger

Postby shannah » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Add
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

to the beginning of your index.php file.
-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby paulkruger » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:44 am

http://mail2me.us/webauction/

I have a lot of errors and strange portions of the code showing up. I have re-installed twice.

This went so well the first time on bidasis.com now it is a bear to make it work. Did it same??

Ideas?
paulkruger

Postby evlthecat » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:54 pm

New Issue:

>

everything seems ok but just tried the link for: "My Watch List" and the page returns this "notice" at the top of the page with the normal content below.

>

--

>

Notice: Undefined index: ____actions____ in /var/www/vhosts/bidasis.com/httpdocs/dataface/Dataface/RecordGrid.php on line 128

>

--

I had the same problem and found that there is some loose programming going on in the RecordGrid.php file.. You can clear this error and maintain program integrity by editing the RecordGrid.php file in this way:
Change ->

foreach ( $columns as $column){
$row[$column] = $record[$column];
}

To This ->

if(array_key_exists($column, $record)){
}
}

I was also having email issues because a certain variable "$app" in the functions.inc.php, which is global in nature. This was due to me having the latest version of php on my machine and globals are defined differently now. Both functions sendEmail and sendAdminEmail need to be changed:

From -> sendAdminEmail

return mail(getConf('admin_email'), $app->_conf['title'].' - '.$subject, $msg, $mail_headers);

To This-> sendAdminEmail

return mail(getConf('admin_email'), $GLOBALS['app']->_conf['title'].' - '.$subject, $msg, $mail_headers);

From -> sendEmail

return mail($to, $app->_conf['title'].' - '.$subject, $msg, $mail_headers);

To This-> sendEmail

return mail($to, $GLOBALS['app']->_conf['title'].' - '.$subject, $msg, $mail_headers);
evlthecat

Postby shannah » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:36 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. Your solution works. A more stable solution (which I have corrected in the source for the next release). Add the following to the first line of both the sendAdminEmail() and sendEmail() functions:
$app =& Dataface_Application::getInstance();

It is a coincidence that $app is also a global variable.

Thanks

Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby paulkruger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:59 am

re:

>I had the same problem and found that there is some loose programming going on in the RecordGrid.php file.. You can clear this error and maintain program integrity by editing the RecordGrid.php file in this way:

Change ->

>

> $row[$column] = $record[$column];

}

>

To This ->

>

> if(array_key_exists($column, $record)){

> }

}

when I did a serch for the script to change it is not found in that file?

paulkruger

Postby paulkruger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:03 am

>foreach ( $columns as $column){

>}

OOPS! Must have picked up a stray charactor the first time. I found the code and will try the fix.

paulkruger

Postby paulkruger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:09 am

I made the change to RecordGrid.php with no change in the problem. Still get a page with a lot of errors and code showing up all over the page. Mixed in with the header and Dataface logo etc.

P
paulkruger

Postby paulkruger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:10 am

I made the change to RecordGrid.php with no change in the problem. Still get a page with a lot of errors and code showing up all over the page. Mixed in with the header and Dataface logo etc.

>

P

Just getting rid of the red...
paulkruger

Postby paulkruger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 am

>
>

>
P

>Just getting rid of the red...

Hope this kills the red...sorry.
paulkruger

Postby paulkruger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:17 am

>
>

>
P

>Just getting rid of the red...

.If the red text remains sorry. I tried to kill it. Will know better in future. *s*
paulkruger

Postby shannah » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:41 am

Hi Paul,

"A page full of errors" is not too helpful for troubleshooting. Please let us know what the errors are.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Next

Return to Web Auction Discussion