Products duplicated

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Products duplicated

Postby bobede » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:09 am

After an auction had ended, one of the site admins changed the auction end dates for items that were not sold. Now all of the items appear twice in the auction with the new bid closing time.

Has anyone come across this before?

Bob
bobede

Postby shannah » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:53 pm

Not too sure why this would happen. If you check the actual database, are there two of each product in the products table, or only one?
shannah

Postby bobede » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:36 am

That was my first thought too. Yes there are actually two entries in the database.

I've asked the person who made the changes to give me a detailed account of exactly what they did to extend the auction closing date, but I've not heard back from them yet.
bobede

Postby bobede » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:30 am

Thanks shannah

OK. Here is what the user claimed she did.

With the Products tab selected, and the list option showing, she clicked update set. Under Add field to update, she selected closing time, then used the widget to select a date in the future. Then clicked Perform update now.

I beleive this is what really happened.

Rather than clicking update set, I beleive she clicked copy set by accident. This caused the duplication to occur and update all of the closing times as well.

I don't believe that she used the find tab, which is really what she should have done to select as a set, only the items that had ended on that day.

It would be nice to be able to add to the find tab, items with a current bid of $0.00. Can anyone offer advice on how to modify that page to include current bid?

Thanks!
bobede

Return to Web Auction Discussion