"bidding is not currently open" but close time not

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

"bidding is not currently open" but close time not

Postby kunk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:59 am

Help!
I have an auction that ends in 4 hours but all the items on the site are showing the message "You cannot bid on this product at this time because bidding is not currently open. Check the open and close times for this product above."
All items have a Bidding close time of 12:00:00pm but its only 8:11am right now.
The auction timezone is set for GMT -6 and admin user and all other users timezone setting are also set for GMT -6.
It seems that the auction thinks the server's timezone is something else but if I type date at the command line (Ubuntu linux box) it shows:
Thu Jun 12 08:11:39 MDT 2008
so it looks like the server's date/time is correct.
Whats going on? I have users yelling at me that the auction is not supposed to close for another 4 hours :(
This is the PHP version I'm running too: PHP 5.2.3-1ubuntu6.3
It also appears that MySQL and PHP are returning the correct time. If I do a SELECT NOW(); in mysql I get the correct time. I also get the correct time if I do a create a file with "<?php print date('r');" and run it from the command line.
Last edited by kunk on Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
kunk

Postby kunk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:03 am

ALso, it appears that the winning bid email are getting sent out at the correct time that the auction closes. I just seem to start getting the "You cannot bid on this product at this time because bidding is not currently open" message a few hours before the auction closes.
kunk

Postby kunk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:48 am

Looks like the issue was that I needed to set date.timezone in php.ini:
date.timezone = America/Denver
Once I set this, I can now bid on items all the way up to closing time.

I guess my only question would be: Why did webauction still close the auctions at the correct time without date.timezone being set in php.ini?
I'm guessing because the closing time of the auction is a function of mysql while baring users from bidding is a function of php?
kunk

Postby shannah » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:42 pm

I have added this a a bug in the issue tracker. Will be fixed for the next version:
http://bugs.weblite.ca/view.php?id=196
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion