Moving Login and Dates

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Moving Login and Dates

Postby ddejarnett » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 am

Steve,

If I wanted to move the Login link to the left column (where Catagories are listed), would this require a change in the HTML code or CSS? I see the link the Dataface template HTML file, but wasn't sure how it can be moved.

Also, is there a way to automatically populate the auction start date with the current date? Is it also possible for the calendar pop-up to default to today's date? The closing time calendar defaults to December 31, 2007.

Finally, I also used the video tutorials last night and was able to add fields to my entry form and have them add to the database. Thanks for creating those videos.

David
ddejarnett

Postby shannah » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:38 am

There are many ways to do this. If you want the link to still be in the same general part of the page (along the top bar), then CSS would probably be the easiest. I don't have any code to show as an example, but you can figure out the css by just looking at the html markup and mucking around.

You can also add additional links anywhere else that you want in the application by implementing the appropriate blocks and slots (the the Xataface getting started tutorial for more information about blocks and slots).

Or you can modify the appropriate template in the templates directory.

-Steve
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion