Install Problem - Fatal error

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Install Problem - Fatal error

Postby wattwebs » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:22 am

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /homepages/5/d150317990/htdocs/diyauctions/index.php on line 19

This was the error I got when I clicked "At this point, your web auction installation is available here."

Hello and thank you for looking at this post.

I think the error is related to my lack of understanding of "make writable by the web server." I made the permissions for both directories specified 777 which is write, read, and execute for all 3 options (I think others, group, and something else.) Is this correct??

I noticed there is nothing in my folder templates_c.

Does someone know what must have happened with the error?

Also, I have never used MySQL before until now. I started a new database, ran the commands provided, and it seemed to work. It created several things in the database incuding bids.

I really appreciate the time that has been given to develop this Open Source. I'm very excited about what I will be able to use it for!! Thank you all who have contributed!! :)
wattwebs

Postby shannah » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:52 pm

I made the permissions for both directories specified 777 which is write, read, and execute for all 3 options

Which directories?

Some systems will complain and simply not server your pages if you set 777 permissions on every folder. The only folder that should have 777 permissions is your templates_c directory.

The error that you listed here indicates that either not all of the files were uploaded to the server properly, the FTP program corrupted them somehow, or your server has some strange permissions on the config.inc.php file. Make sure the config.inc.php file has at least 644 permissions.

(Although it is more likely there was a problem with the uploading of the files....try again with a different FTP program)

-Steve
shannah

Thank you

Postby wattwebs » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Thank you very much Mr. Hannah. I will try this again.

As for the directories, I made both directories below with 777 permissions:

1. Make the templates_c directory writable by the web server. This is where the Smarty templates are cached.

2. Make the tables/products/product_image directory writable by the web server. This is where the images for the auction products will be stored.

Now I understand I must give the config.inc.php file at least 644 permissions, which I failed to do before.

I will be trying this soon.

Again, thank you for all you do in supporting AND developing this open source product!! I will let you know how it goes! :)

P.S. The templates_c folder should be empty, right?
wattwebs

Postby shannah » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm

The templates_c directory will be empty until you successfully run the script for the first time. This is where Web Auction will place the compiled templates... this happens automatically.
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion