Admin login not working - users table empty

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Admin login not working - users table empty

Postby yvan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:00 pm

I recently installed web auction on a windows-based shared hosting environment that's running PHP 5 and MySQL 5.

I did manage to get the software installed and interfacing with a mysql 5 database -- however -- I am unable to log in to the admin site.

In the readme file -- it states that the admin can be accesed using "admin" as the username, and "password" as the password. That didn't work for me. Instead, I get redirected to the login screen with the message "Sorry, you have entered an incorrect username /password combination. Please try again" displayed at the top.

I then manually inserted a new record in the "users" table in the database (the user table was previously empty) .. but I am still unable to log in to the admin using that username and password combination. Again, I get redirected to the login screen with the message "Sorry, you have entered an incorrect username /password combination. Please try again" displayed at the top.

Are there any known issues with running this app under Windows? And does this software even run under PHP 5 / MySQL 5? Lastly -- why am I unable to log in to the admin site, and what can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
- Yvan
yvan

Postby shannah » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Passwords need to be stored with md5() encryption. E.g. when you add your user you would need to do something like:

Code: Select all
insert into users (username,password) values ('foo', md5('password'))
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion