Installation

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Installation

Postby mauxin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:07 am

Hi,

I am getting this error message. I am new user and can you please explain what does this error message means.

C:\xampp\htdocs\employees\xataface\install\mainMenu.inc.php on line 1
mauxin

Postby shannah » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:02 am

Is that all the error message says?
shannah

Installation

Postby mauxin » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:39 am

Please find the error message:

Warning: include(install/install_header.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\employees\xataface\install\mainMenu.inc.php on line 1

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'install/install_header.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:lib') in C:\xampp\htdocs\employees\xataface\install\mainMenu.inc.php on line 1

Please select your installation action
Create application for existing database
Use this option if you already have a database on your server and you would like to create an application based on this database.

Install a pre-built application
Use this option if you have a ready-made Dataface application that you wish to install on this server.

Warning: include(install/install_footer.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\employees\xataface\install\mainMenu.inc.php on line 27

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'install/install_footer.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:lib') in C:\xampp\htdocs\employees\xataface\install\mainMenu.inc.php on line 27
mauxin

Postby shannah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:00 am

Oh... it looks like you are using the xataface install utility. Instead of this you should use the webauction install page (not inside the xataface folder). I.e. install.php

-Steve
shannah

Re: Installation

Postby ppd83 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Steve.

Could you please be more specific. I ran into the same problem today:

Warning: include(install/install_header.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\apps\xataface-1.2.2\install\mainMenu.inc.php on line 1

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'install/install_header.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:lib') in C:\wamp\apps\xataface-1.2.2\install\mainMenu.inc.php on line 1

I use PHP 5.2.11.

So, what exactly is the webauction install page?

Thanks,

Paul.

P.S

Xataface looks to be a great tool. I've been looking for something like this for the past days.
ppd83

Postby ppd83 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:52 am

Sorry, this post shouldn't have been put here but rather in the Xataface Users topic. I don't know what web auction is - I just want to install Xataface. Thanks
ppd83

Postby ppd83 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:16 am

Found the problem. I use wampserver in Windows. Therfore it seems that this line:

Code: Select all
ini_set('include_path','.:lib');
should instead be
Code: Select all
ini_set('include_path','.;lib');

I'm not very familiar with PHP but isn't there a way to make this include more general so that it will work on unix/linux as well as on Windows?

Thanks,

Paul.
ppd83

Postby shannah » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks for posting this Paul. I'll update the codebase to work with both Windows and LInux/Unix for the next release.

-Steve
shannah

Postby dvelayos » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:27 am

the ; and : problem solved:

$SEP=($_SERVER["WINDIR"] || $_SERVER["windir"]?";":":");
ini_set('include_path','.'.$SEP.'lib');

(on the last version, the problem still occurs)
dvelayos

Return to Web Auction Discussion