Output Cache - Fatal error

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Output Cache - Fatal error

Postby wizzi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:12 am

Hi,

I recently installed web-auction and managed to get it running okay and everything seems to be working fine so far, however when I went to click on the option for 'Output Cache' to see what it was, I got back the following error:

Fatal error: Table 'nodebay.__output_cache' doesn't exist in /var/www/nodebay/dataface/actions/manage_output_cache.php on line 25

The line in question is:
$res = mysql_query("select count(*) from `__output_cache`", df_db());

Where is it pulling the 'nodebay.' from (Nodebay being the name of the auction site I'm hosting) and what does it need to be in order to function correctly?

How do I fix the error?

Furthermore, can someone please point me in the right direction for customising the colours? I'd like to change the theme/colour scheme. I'll continue searching through the forums for handy information about it and see what I find.

Cheers,
Scott.
wizzi

Postby shannah » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:42 am

The entire control panel should really be hidden. This is fixed in SVN and will be included in the next release.

The output cache feature is really only necessary for really busy sites where performance is becoming an issue. It needs to be enabled in the ini file.

See http://xataface.com/wiki/_output_cache for more info.

For the colors, you'll need to do some CSS. There are 2 main CSS files in use:

dataface/plone.css
styles.css

You can add your own stylesheet in the auction settings. I'll see if I can add a tutorial on how to do this if I get time.. but time is pretty tight right now.

-Steve
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion