Hello Everybody . Just having a tiny problem :-)

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Postby deepak » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:08 am

Firstly ,hats off to the developers of dataface and web auction .Its simply awesome !
i just wanted to know a couple of things before i get started . I registered at demo auction site ,is the profile editable once its made? Also the time stamp on profile shows up something like this
"Last updated Wednesday, December 31, 1969 - 1998 weeks ago" .
please let me know :)
Cheers.
deepak

Postby shannah » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Deepak,

I have made some small adjustments to the demo site to allow users to edit their profile after it is made.Ê I made changes to the templates/Dataface_Application_Menu.html file and the tables/users/users.php file .Ê (You can see the changes by clicking "Source Code" on the demo site and navigating to these pages.Ê Then you can copy and paste the contents into your local install if you like).

I will be releasing an updated version within a few days, but want to make a few more changes first.

As for the weird Last Updated message, this was a glitch in dataface.Ê The record view tries to show the last updated time of a record.Ê Unfortunately the users table doesn't store this information so it showed this weird message.Ê I have fixed this in my development version of dataface and it will be included in the next release.
Best regards
Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby deepak » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:08 pm

Thank you for the quick support Steve :) .
I'll also be looking forward for the next release.
Cheers.
deepak

Return to Web Auction Discussion