cannot bid

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

cannot bid

Postby piet » Tue May 06, 2008 4:01 pm

hi,

I installed the script without any problems and it looks great.
problem is that I cannot place a bid, because it says that bidding is not currently open.
I tried different setting (filling in date and time, and also tried leaving fields blank) with the same result.
What did I do wrong?
piet

cannot bid

Postby piet » Tue May 06, 2008 4:31 pm

I forgot to mention that when I add a new product, and after I saved the data, the page appears with date / time fields empty.
The same happens in the admin section, in "auction settings". After a change of date / time the page reloads and both field are empty again.
regards,
Piet
piet

Postby shannah » Wed May 07, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks for pointing this out. It appears that the way that timezones were handled required MySQL to have its timezone tables installed.

I have added a patch to the issue tracker at:
http://bugs.weblite.ca/view.php?id=166

Which fixes this issue. After applying this patch you will still have to go and re-select the timezone in your user's profile and in the auction settings.

Best regards

Steve
shannah

confused

Postby piet » Wed May 07, 2008 1:35 pm

hi Steve,

Thank you for your quick response. However I'm confused how to apply your patch, since I'm a novice in this area. Would you be so kind to point out how use the patch.
thanks in advance,
Piet
piet

found it

Postby piet » Wed May 07, 2008 3:03 pm

hi Steve.

I thought you might have updated the script, so I checked on your downloadpage. Surprise: there is an updated version. I downloaded it and simply installed the modified files on my webserver and voila, it works.

I guess there is no simple method to translate the site (Dutch), so I have to translate everything by hand. Maybe any useful tips??

thanks again.
Piet
piet

Postby shannah » Thu May 08, 2008 12:36 pm

Check out this tutorial for information on how to internationalize Xataface applications.

http://xataface.com/documentation/tutor ... taface-0.6
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion