Set Price or Quantities

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Set Price or Quantities

Postby ddejarnett » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Has anyone found a way to configure a set price for auctions (Buy It Now) or listing items with multiple quantities? Is this even possible?
ddejarnett

Postby shannah » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:56 am

Webauction currently has not explicit support for multiple quantities or "buy now" buttons. If you are familiar with PHP and Xataface application development, these features wouldn't be to difficult to add.

Adding the buy-now feature would involve 3 steps:
1. Add a "buy now" price column to the products table.
2. Add a "buy now" action that places a bid and then changes the closing time to say 10 minutes before the bid - so that no others can bid on it.
3. Add the buy now buttons to the various templates.

For adding multiple quantities it may be a bit more difficult. Simply adding a qty field would open up a can of worms because you would have to go through all of the code to make sure that it understands that a product can be sold multiple times. The easiest thing would be to simply make duplicates of products - and thus have multiples.

-Steve

-Steve
shannah

Postby moonisharsh » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:41 pm

It is so exciting that Xataface has the buying function,great device.
moonisharsh

Postby ddejarnett » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:10 pm

Can anyone help me with the PHP programming for the action and changing the close date? I've made the changes to my DB and I can add the function to the templates. It's just the programming that I'm fuzzy on.

Thanks,
David
ddejarnett

Return to Web Auction Discussion