installation problem

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

installation problem

Postby amylea » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:23 am

Hi, I've installed the script and have made sure that the template_c folder is writable, but I am getting a blank screen for the main page. I also have included the show errors command, but nothing is showing. Anyone have any idea what I should try next?
Amy
amylea

installation problem

Postby jeh3404 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 am

I am trying to help get this webauction script installed, but the blank screen is really not helping us. We have followed the instruction in the install.php file and all settings should be correct. My only thought is that we are installing on a Windows Server. Would that pose a problem? Any help SOON would be absolutely wonderful.
jeh3404

Postby shannah » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:40 am

Blank screen almost certainly means that there is a fatal error happening.

2 choices:

1. Check the error log
2. Add the following to the beginning of your index.php script if you haven't already:

Code: Select all
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

-Steve
shannah

Postby jeh3404 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:43 am

that code has already been added to the beginning of the page, but there is no change when loading the page.

How do we check the error log?
jeh3404

Postby amylea » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:14 am

there is now an error showing:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function import() in D:\virtualhosts\pondmarket.com\wwwroot\webauction\dataface\dataface-public-api.php on line 48
Amy
amylea

Postby shannah » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:33 am

Hmm.. that is very strange. The import() function should be available to the entire application.

My guess is there was a problem uploading the application to your webserver that is causing these problems.

Add the following to the beginning of your index.php file:
Code: Select all
phpinfo();
exit;

And note the ouptut. Specifically check whether SAFE MODE is on or off (it should be off).

Other than that, I would try uploading the app again, perhaps with a different FTP program (if that's what you were using) as it is likely that it go t corrupted the first time.

-Steve
shannah

Postby amylea » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:21 pm

a reinstall worked apparently some files never made it.

Thanks
Amy
amylea

Postby amylea » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:12 pm

i now keep getting this error(below) even though the folders are writable and the server is not in safe mode I can get the login screen by refreshing but as soon as I click add new product, i get the error below again which i can again move on to the next page by refreshing etc. I have cleared my cache, restarted.
Any ideas on how to fix this

Configuration Required

Dataface was unable to create the directory 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\/48d03a3f9d94611d7a9157cba1f2b52d' to store its session files.
Possible reasons for this:

* The script does not have permission to create the directory.
* The server is operating in safe mode.

Possible Solutions for this:

* Make the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP writable by the web server. E.g. chmod 0777 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.
* Manually create the 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\/48d03a3f9d94611d7a9157cba1f2b52d' directory and make it writable by the web server.
* Change the session save path to a directory to which you have write permissions by adding the following to the beginning of your application's index.php file:

session_save_path('/path/to/dir');
Amy
amylea

Postby shannah » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:16 pm

It wasn't clear in your post, but are you saying that when you get this message, if you press "refresh" then the error goes away and you can access the add_new_product page?

If this is the case then it is certainly an issue with your browser cache (i know you said you cleared the cache, but this is the only thing that could cause this behavior so it is worth double-checking that). Try using a different web browser and see if the problem persists.

-Steve
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion