Why are pictures for products scaled up so large?

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Why are pictures for products scaled up so large?

Postby amylea » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:21 pm

We finally are putting products up for an auction. Are there settings i missed and can't find anything about? My pic is only about 52 x 192 but on a detail view it is scaled up to 200 x 612 doesn't look very good that way.

Also can html be used in the title fields?
Amy
amylea

Postby shannah » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:13 pm

The image resizing right now is set to always show a width of 200px. This is crude but it was simple to implement. You can modify the template that displays a product to suit your needs if you like. It is located in templates/view_product.html

You'll see clearly the width=200 setting for the image.

Ideally the product title should not contain html. The description can though.

-Steve
shannah

Postby iSpark » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:14 pm

hey Shannah, yea i figured that issue that Amylea was talking about but i got two questions for you...

1) how can i make it so each image is expandable in a new window

2) also i notice there is no button to remove an image, i saw another post someone put up about figuring out how to do it but he mentioned a few files that doesn't exist in the later version (installed your webauction this week) March 20th 09 i think

Any help is much appreciated
iSpark

Postby shannah » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:20 pm

2) also i notice there is no button to remove an image, i saw another post someone put up about figuring out how to do it but he mentioned a few files that doesn't exist in the later version (installed your webauction this week) March 20th 09 i think

Download the latest version of Xataface, and replace your current 'dataface' directory in your webauction install with the latest xataface. That will include the feature to delete an image.

As for question 1, the key is to make a change to the product details template (in the templates directory) to open a new window with the image... don't have the template on hand to show you source sample --- let me know if you get stuck.

-Steve
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion