WebAuction Date problem

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

WebAuction Date problem

Postby GrizBear » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Please advise how to fix the opening and closing dates and where to change in the code.
Problem is that I have changed the open and close bidding dates. They updated in the admin settings, but if you go to the actual item page
it has a different date and it tells me that the bidding is closed as it is the old date still and did not update after I changed it......HELP

Many Kajillion thanks

Klaus G Schulz CPP,OCP
The League of Extraordinary Greyhounds - Adoption Squad
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Klaus G Schulz, CPP-OCP
Greyhound Adoption Squad-Canada
www.t-legs.com

Not everyone needs a Greyhound,
But every retired racing Greyhound, needs someone....
GrizBear

Re: WebAuction Date problem

Postby shannah » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:52 am

When you are going to the actual item page, are you still logged in with the same user account (the admin account). It is possible for users to set their timezone individually. This could account for a time discrepancy.

Check the default timezone in the settings section (logged in as admin). Then check the timezone setting of your admin user (it should be part of his user account record).

-Steve
shannah

Postby GrizBear » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:45 am

shannah wrote:When you are going to the actual item page, are you still logged in with the same user account (the admin account). It is possible for users to set their timezone individually. This could account for a time discrepancy.

Check the default timezone in the settings section (logged in as admin). Then check the timezone setting of your admin user (it should be part of his user account record).

-Steve

Well it looks ok..but thenI don't know what I am looking for. All the items are on the 5th month and only one is on the 9th month.
In any case lets start with the actual site: http://www.t-legs.com/webauction

I hope this helps.

Thanks Klaus
Klaus G Schulz, CPP-OCP
www.t-legs.com

GrizBear

Postby shannah » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:57 am

All I can tell from your site (without admin access) is that the auction timezone is Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Everything looks right unless you can point me to the specific discrepancy.
shannah

Postby GrizBear » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:47 pm

shannah wrote:All I can tell from your site (without admin access) is that the auction timezone is Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Everything looks right unless you can point me to the specific discrepancy.

Ok I got you, You can log in as
Name: steve
pass: webauction
you have admin status.....

But basically all you have to do is on the items page click on the first and see the dates and then cllick on the second or third they are working allright. I have all the time zones as canada eastern.

Again a kajillion thanks for the help.
We are a non-profit gang and our funds are a bit low at the moment. So your program is exactly what we need.
Now there are a few other groups like uas that would like to have auctions as a fundraiser.
Is there anything we could do together in this respect??? Anything at all.....let me know.

Klaus
Klaus G Schulz, CPP-OCP
www.t-legs.com

GrizBear

Postby shannah » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Can you give me some steps I can follow to produce the problem? Your last post described things that you said are working alright.
shannah

Postby GrizBear » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:22 pm

shannah wrote:Can you give me some steps I can follow to produce the problem? Your last post described things that you said are working alright.

OK as I said, when you go to an item, it will say the bidding is closed, but in reality it is not as the open and closing are this month not May!!!!

Does this help???

Klaus
Klaus G Schulz, CPP-OCP
www.t-legs.com

GrizBear

Postby shannah » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Oh yeah. If the auction closes, an entry is placed in the closed table to mark when the item was closed, whether an email was sent, etc.... If you want to reopen it you would need to delete the corresponding closed entry also. Check out the closed table to see the records that are in there.

http://www.t-legs.com/webauction/index. ... ble=closed
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion