Hello Little bit of help

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Hello Little bit of help

Postby silverb0t » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:27 pm

first of all I would to thanks for the developer of this auction. Xataface web auction helped me lot saving time cause im building an auction from scracth. Since I found this auction everything work smooth and perfect just need some customization for my needs.

-> I would like to ask where can I configure the pagination of the results per page. I'd like to set the pagination number like 5 items per page with out entering the pagination number and pressing enter the pagination number.

->also I found here some thread here with multiple upload of image is there anybody here with zoom per image like a hover.

-> last how will i set the time zone to a deafault timezone for registration of users. so every new user does not need to choose specific timezone timezone.

lastly is there any donation button here for paypal I would really like to donate for token of thanks appreciation of this wonderful auction site.

thank you very much in advance.
silverb0t

Re: Hello Little bit of help

Postby shannah » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:02 pm

I would like to ask where can I configure the pagination of the results per page. I'd like to set the pagination number like 5 items per page with out entering the pagination number and pressing enter the pagination number.

You should be able to add the following to the beginning of your conf.ini file to set this:
Code: Select all
default_limit=5

is there anybody here with zoom per image like a hover.

Don't have anything handy. Basically you'd be combining mods to allow multiple images with a mod to allow dynamically resizing images, and some javascript candy to take care of the hover.

last how will i set the time zone to a deafault timezone for registration of users. so every new user does not need to choose specific timezone timezone.

In the tables/users/fields.ini file, find the section that looks like:
[timezone]
   widget:type=select
   vocabulary=timezones

Add a default=xxxxx property to this section where xxxxx is the timezone you want to set as a default. This has to be exactly the timezone that would be stored in the DB (best way is to select a timezone for a user, then check the database to see the exact value for that timezone. Set this as the default.

e.g.
[timezone]
   vocabulary=timezones
        default="Los Angeles/US"

-Steve
shannah

Postby silverb0t » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 am

Thank You very much Steve.
silverb0t

Postby silverb0t » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:28 am

/tables/users/fields.ini

Hello Steve I tried to set the time zone "Los Angeles/US" but every after the registration still on the database the value was NULL did I make something wrong?

[timezone]
vocabulary=timezones
default="Los Angeles/US"
silverb0t

Postby shannah » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:29 pm

I doubt Los Angeles/us is a valid value. You need to use a value that actually exists in the drop down.
shannah

Postby silverb0t » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:56 am

I tried it Steve three time of registration default="Asia/Taipei" still got NULL value on my database. I think I should re install the whole auction hope it works. :?
silverb0t

Postby silverb0t » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi Steve I totally re install the auction but still I got the null value on the database on the timezone.

heres the content of fields.ini

[prefs_receive_outbid_notifications]
widget:type=checkbox
widget:label = "Receive output notifications"
widget:description = "Receive notifications by email when you are outbid on items"

[password]
encryption=md5
widget:atts:class=passwordTwice

[timezone]
vocabulary=timezones
default="Asia/Taipei"

Did i missed any ? :cry:
silverb0t

Postby shannah » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:23 pm

The default directive is meant to set the default value of the field in the form. If you go to the registration form, you should see your "default" setting as the default selection in the list. I.e. you can check if it worked without going through with the registration.

If this doesn't work, another option would be to use the beforeSave() trigger to set the timezone on save if it is left empty.
e.g.
function beforeSave($record){
    if ( !$record->val('timezone') ){
        $record->setValue('timezone', 'Vancouver/Pacific');
    }
}

(Note: Use a valid timezone... this example is probably showing an invalid timezone as I haven't checked it.).

_Steve
shannah

Postby silverb0t » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:27 am

Im gona try this one steve tnx a lot
silverb0t

Return to Web Auction Discussion