Country List

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Country List

Postby Atowngal » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:04 am

Is it possible to limit the number of countries that appear in the registration form to one or two (as that is all that is required)? If not, can those required countries appear first on the list. The total list is quite cumbersome for my situation.
Thanks
Atowngal

Re: Country List

Postby shannah » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:49 am

Are you using the hosted version or have you installed it on your own server? If it's on your own server you can change the source code to filter out the countries that you don't want.

In the application delegate class, change the valuelist__timezones() method to filter out timezones you don't want.

_Steve
shannah

Re: Country List

Postby Atowngal » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks ... but I'm no coder.
I finally found the string getTimeZones in ApplicationDelegate.php but I my search for some guidance on how to filter this to a specific country has not had any results (need Canada only). I'm just trying to put together a freebie site for a small association to conduct a fund raiser - but there are several contextual terms that need to change (as in "Department" to "Operation") and I'm not having much luck there either. Would these changes be easier if it is hosted?
Atowngal

Return to Web Auction Discussion