User Registration Error

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

User Registration Error

Postby dronus » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:33 am

Howdy guys,

I have WebAuction installed on a centos box,

PHP 5.3.8, mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.15, for Linux (i686) using readline 5.1, apache.

Everything installed fine, and i have added some auctions as admin. I can manually add users while logged in as admin..

When i log out and try to register a new user, i get the following error (i followed the other thread which allows the debugging to go to screen)

----------
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(11) not null, registration_data longtext not null, primary key (registr' at line 3' in /var/www/html/webauction-0.3.10/dataface/actions/register.php:215 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/webauction-0.3.10/dataface/actions/register.php(309): dataface_actions_register->createRegistrationTable() #1 [internal function]: dataface_actions_register->processRegistrationForm(Array) #2 /var/www/html/webauction-0.3.10/dataface/lib/HTML/QuickForm.php(1626): call_user_func(Array, Array) #3 /var/www/html/webauction-0.3.10/dataface/actions/register.php(131): HTML_QuickForm->process(Array, true) #4 /var/www/html/webauction-0.3.10/dataface/Dataface/Application.php(1323): dataface_actions_register->handle(Array) #5 /var/www/html/webauction-0.3.10/dataface/Dataface/Application.php(1791): Dataface_Application->handleRequest(false) #6 /var/www/html in /var/www/html/webauction-0.3.10/dataface/actions/register.php on line 215
-----------

I have modified the register.php to the app line too..

conf.ini

[_auth]
;auth_type=ldap
;url="https://my.sfu.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/cas.woa/wa"
users_table = users
username_column = username
password_column = "password"
allow_register=1

Any ideas?
dronus

Re: User Registration Error

Postby dronus » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:13 pm

im guessing its something to do with this in register.php

/**
* Creates a table to hold the temporary user registrations.
*/
function createRegistrationTable(){
if ( !Dataface_Table::tableExists('dataface__registrations', false) ){
$sql = "create table `dataface__registrations` (
registration_code varchar(32) not null,
registration_date timestamp(11) not null,
registration_data longtext not null,
primary key (registration_code))";
// registration_code stores an md5 code used to identify the registration
// registration_date is the date that the registration was made
// registration_data is a serialized array of the data from getValues()
// on the record.

$res = mysql_query($sql, df_db());
if ( !$res ) throw new Exception(mysql_error(df_db()), E_USER_ERROR);
}
return true;

}
/**
dronus

Postby webmaster » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Does anyone have suggestion on what to do with this error. I get this error also when I try to register.php. Im getting the same type of ERROR on a windows system:
windows 7 pro, apache, mySQL, XAMPP
localhost is working.

the error in the browser

Strict Standards: Non-static method Dataface_Ontology::newOntology() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\webauction-0.3.10\dataface\actions\register.php on line 57

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(11) not null, registration_data longtext not null, primary key (registr' at line 3' in C:\xampp\htdocs\webauction-0.3.10\dataface\actions\register.php:215 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\webauction-0.3.10\dataface\actions\register.php(309): dataface_actions_register->createRegistrationTable() #1 [internal function]: dataface_actions_register->processRegistrationForm(Array) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\webauction-0.3.10\dataface\lib\HTML\QuickForm.php(1626): call_user_func(Array, Array) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\webauction-0.3.10\dataface\actions\register.php(131): HTML_QuickForm->process(Array, true) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\webauction-0.3.10\dataface\Dataface\Application.php(1323): dataface_actions_register->handle(Array) #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\webauction-0.3.10\dataface\Dataface\Application.php(1791): Dataface_Application->handleRequest(false) #6 C in C:\xampp\htdocs\webauction-0.3.10\dataface\actions\register.php on line 215

I will work with this problem on my live server. I'll post the link results in days to come if no one has an answer to this problem/error for us..

I will work with the INI file.
I dont see the problem in the register.php page , line 55,56,57 ,, but i'm not a top level PHP guy either. any suggestions are appreciated...
webmaster

Postby shannah » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 am

The registration error mentioned by dronus can be fixed by replacing the contents of your dataface/actions/register.php file with those found at
http://weblite.ca/svn/dataface/core/bra ... gister.php
shannah

Postby GrizBear » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Hy Guys,

I have currently a auction live running. 44 people registered ok. No I get this when someone registers:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method dataface_actions_register::redirect() in /home/mom2jlo/public_html/t-legs.com/haul/dataface/actions/register.php on line 178

Please help, this our first fundraiser of the year....

Thanks a kajillion

The League of Extraordinary
Klaus G Schulz, CPP-OCP
Greyhound Adoption Squad-Canada
www.t-legs.com

Not everyone needs a Greyhound,
But every retired racing Greyhound, needs someone....
GrizBear

Return to Web Auction Discussion